Own the road for less than you think.
Whether you're looking for classic cruiser styling, a fuel-efficient commuter, or flat-out fun, all roads lead to the Rebel. It boasts a 234cc four-stroke engine that's approachable enough for new riders, yet powerful enough for more experienced motorcyclists. A low seat height that is both comfortable and confidence inspiring. A five-speed transmission that's pretty much foolproof. And an electric starter that gets you going with the push of a button. Plus, you get the kind of reliability and low maintenance Honda is known for – all at a shockingly low price. No wonder the Rebel has long been one of our best selling bikes.
Everything about the Rebel is superbly crafted with the rider in mind, including the sub-27” seat height, allowing you to put both feet flat on the ground at stops.
Style meets savings.
Sure, the Rebel has classic cruiser looks. But even more, it gets a phenomenal 84 miles per gallon, so you can cruise by the pumps and look good in the process.
Power when you need it.
The proven four-stroke powerplant is perfectly suited for the 250-class Rebel, giving you smooth riding in the city, and a powerful punch on the highway.
- Chassis/Suspension: Semi-double-cradle frame allows a long wheelbase and extremely low seat height (26.6"). Hydraulic front fork with dual Syntallic bushings and dual rear shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability deliver a smooth ride and light, agile handling.
- Classic Styling Accents: Custom-styled, chrome-plated headlight, taillight and turn signal casings add gleaming touches to the classic Rebel package. Pullback handlebar, teardrop fuel tank, two-piece custom seat and bobbed fenders evoke classic look of yesteryear.
- Spoke Wheels: The Rebel's spoke-type wheels with chrome rims add a real custom look to this sharp machine.
- Front Disc Brake: Front disc brake with twin-piston caliper provides great, predictable stopping power and is self-adjusting.
- 234cc SOHC Engine: Proven four-stroke powerplant is smooth, quiet, fuel-efficient and easy to maintain. Screw-type valve adjusters simplify engine work, while automatic cam-chain tensioner and solid-state CD ignition are both maintenance-free.
- Constant-Velocity Carburetor: Constant-velocity (CV) carburetor gives excellent throttle response and helps contribute to the Rebel's 84 MPG.
- Screw-Type Valve Adjusters: Screw-type valve adjusters are simple, proven, reliable, and help to simplify maintenance.
- Automatic Cam-Chain Tensioner: Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires no maintenance and helps make an already low-maintenance motorcycle even better.
- Electric Starter: Simple, reliable push-button electric starter makes getting underway a snap, even on cold mornings or if your bike's been sitting for a week.
- Solid-State CD Ignition: Maintenance-free, solid-state CD ignition never needs adjustment and is super-reliable.
- Engine Type: 234 cc air-cooled parallel twin-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 53 mm x 53 mm
- Induction: Single 26 mm diaphragm-type constant-velocity (CV) carburetor
- Ignition: CD
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Five-Speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 33 mm fork; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 2.9 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single-disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Drum
- Front Tire: 3.00-18
- Rear Tire: 130/90-15
- Rake: 30 deg. 40 min. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 113 mm (4.4 in.)
- Wheelbase: 57.1 in.
- Seat Height: 26.6 in.
- Curb Weight: 331 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.6 gal., including 0.7-gal. reserve
- Miles Per gal.: 84 mpg
- Model Id: CMX250C
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Matte Silver, Candy Red
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.