2.3 Liter Rocket III Touring. It devours the open road.
Triumph's critically-acclaimed Rocket III Touring is a true mile eating custom tourer blessed with unique character and that 2.3 liter motor. This iconic engine has been retuned for effortless low down torque. Coupled with high levels of comfort for rider and passenger with sumptuous seats, detachable screen and front and rear footboards this bike is designed for the job in hand. Mile after mile.
- Engine: The Rocket III engine. 2,294cc liquid-cooled, DOHC, in-line three cylinder. Retuned for touring. Increased torque at low speeds. Effortless acceleration one or two up fully loaded. 105bhp. 150ft.lbs of torque at 2,500rpm. Effortless power.
- Equipment: Color matched hard bagsas standard. Lockable and quick to detach. Fully sealed and water resistant. Quick release screen as standard. Teardrop shaped and chrome edged footboards spring mounted. Everything for the long haul.
- Brakes: Twin floating 320mm discs, Nissin four-piston fixed calipers to the front. Single 316mm floating disc, Brembo two-piston floating caliper to the rear. Real world stopping power.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 2294cc
- Bore/Stroke: 101.6 x 94.3mm
- Fuel System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with twin butterflies and progressive linkage on primary butterflies
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 into 2, large volume catalysts in front of chrome-plated silencers
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 5-speed constant mesh
- Oil Capacity: 5.9 litres (1.6 US gals)
Chassis, Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Tubular steel, twin spine
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, steel (houses drive shaft)
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminium alloy 25-spoke 16 x 3.5in
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminium alloy 25-spoke 16 x 5.0in
- Front Tire: 150/80 R16
- Rear Tire: 180/70 R16
- Front Suspension: Kayaba 43mm forks. 120mm travel fully shrouded uppers
- Rear Suspension: Kayaba chromed spring twin shocks with 5 position adjustable preload, 105mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 320mm floating discs, Nissin 4-piston fixed calipers
- Rear Brakes: Single 316mm fixed disc, Brembo 2-piston floating caliper
- Instrument Display/Functions: Analogue speedometer featuring analogue fuel gauge, scroll button on handlebars, LCD trip computer and clock
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 2603 mm (102.4 in)
- Width (handlebars): 995 mm (39.1 in)
- Height without mirrors: 1182 mm (46.5 in)
- Seat Height: 730 mm (28.7 in)
- Wheelbase: 1705 mm (67.1 in)
- Rake/Trail: 32º/184 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 22.3 litres (5.9 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 395 kg (869 lbs)
Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power: 106PS / 105bhp / 78 kW @ 6000rpm
- Maximum Torque: 203Nm / 150 ft.lbs @ 2500rpm
- Fuel Efficiency: 27 MPG City / 43 MPG Highway
Fuel Efficiency estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle conducted under ideal laboratory conditions. Actual mileage may vary based upon personal riding habits, weather, vehicle condition, and other factors.